Bundesgymnasium und Bundesrealgymnasium Wien XXI
Bundesgymnasium und Bundesrealgymnasium was founded in 1900. It has about 1200 pupils/students and more than 110 teachers. The school has been involved in European projects and exchanges for many years, including as a former partner school in the “Schools on Ice” project.
The special features of the school include:
- The implementation of new and modern teaching methods (open learning environments, project based learning or client based learning)
- some implementation of peer learning or “pupils teaching pupils”
- several subjects are taught in English
- offering high quality ICT support in several subjects
- being a centre for the European Computer Driving Licence courses (obligatory for pupils)
- a large number of optional courses for students.
The school is thus an ideal place to pilot the innovative materials from the SPACIT Project. We will also advertise and promote the work that is being done and inform other schools and teachers about the SPACIT initiative.